8/1/2018 to 14/1/2018
Started this week with NFN team hangout.
Not so a productive week.
For example, one day I work like hell but then next day I’ve to force myself to open code editor and that too not able to work for more than an hour.
However this week I’ve pretty much planned a system to manage my task efficiently. Sort of like bullet journaling
Let’s see how it goes.
- It’s better to lack a feature now and implement it later, than to present one that is likely to break to a user
- “That may be borderline rude, but it makes sense,” he wrote. “Don’t be in a meeting unless there’s a purpose for it; either to make a decision or get people up to speed. In most cases, an email will suffice.”
It is really good and I’ll listen to it again and take note.
Like always Wes & Scott’s podcast is awesome. A must listen to podcast for someone who wants to try out GraphQL in near feature.
- 79: Kent C. Dodds - Building Reusable React Components with Render Props — Full Stack Radio — Overcast
These are some podcast that I listen passively.
- 11 - Start Making Something — Rework — Overcast
- Finding Perspective in 2018 — Developer Tea — Overcast
- 484 - How to Plan Properly with Deadlines and Milestones — Get-It-Done Guy’s Quick and Dirty Tips to Work Less and Do More — Overcast
ALWAYS make sure that you are using correct version when following through documentation.
Here’s our simple plan.
We just need to fetch some data using GraphQL API and display it in our hello world app.
For that I’ve instantly deployed the GraphQL mock that I did for Vookmark.co
And followed every step in Getting Started with GraphQL, VueJS & Apollo Tutorial
After like 1 hour we’ve found that the issue was because of outdated docs
What a bummer :(
Watched Coco (2017) movie ?
Movies are mostly for entertainment purpose but there are some movies that we can relate to yourself and learn something from it. I believe Coco one of them
My take away from the movie: It is okay to pursue dreams but there is nothing more important than family
That’s it for the week.